Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

Walter Block tackles Univeristy of Missouri issue...

The Fracas at the University of Missouri

By Walter E. Block

The Fracas at the University of Missouri by Prof. Walter E. Block

I had a dream the other night, that I was president of Loyola University, and faced with the challenges that confronted Tim Wolfe, the now ex-president of the University of Missouri. But don’t get worried: I have no intention of taking up any such office; it would interfere with my research, writing and publication. In any case, I am not sure Loyola is quite ready for a Jewish atheist as its leader.

In any case, what would I do if I were in Mr. Wolfe’s shoes? Here are the demands made of him, interspersed with my responses to them.

1. We demand that University of Missouri System President, Tim Wolfe, writes a hand-written apology to Concerned Student 1-9-5-0 demonstrators and holds a press conference in the Mizzou Student Center reading the letter. In the letter and at the press conference, Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his white privilege, recognize that systems of oppression exits (sic), and provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling Concerned Student 1-9-5-0 demands. We want Tim Wolfe to admits his gross negligence, allowing his driver to hit one of the demonstrators, consenting to the physical violence of bystanders, and lastly refusing to intervene when Columbia Police Department used excessive force with demonstrators.

<
Link:
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/11/walter-e-block/mess-mizzou/

No comments:

Post a Comment