Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Back from San Francisco...

Mets-Giants Game: San Francisco Part 1

Like the Gettysburg 150th trip, I have tons of photos to chronicle my recent trip to San Francisco. The city was great and the weather was a fine change from the heat and humidity experienced here in New England the past two weeks. For you sports fans out there, and the friends and relatives of mine who are Giants fans(and you suffering Mets fans as well), I'll start with the sights of going to a Mets-Giants baseball game at AT@T Park. Probably one of the finest ballparks I've been to. A little chilly that night but what beautiful sight-lines and great baseball ambiance and atmosphere. Some of these shots were taken in the afternoon when I first arrived at the park to buy a ticket and some were taken during pre-game and of course during the game. My goal was to see the park and the game from as many different angles as possible to get a real overall feel of attending and experiencing a game there. Some photos will need no explanation so none will be provided. You can figure out where the shots were taken if you have any clue about baseball. I'll sprinkle in a few descriptive comments when needed. This is meant to be a visual experience rather than one of me blabbing on and on about something the average baseball fan can figure out for themselves. By the way,the starting pitchers were Matt Harvey and Tim Lincecum and the Mets won the game in 16 long cold innings. I left after the 14th due to the onset of hypothermia. Friendly fans too, by the way.

Arriving at the park to score a ticket...





The "say hey kid"...



McCovey Cove...




The man himself...


Orlando Cepeda...


Wall of fame...


Pre-game...







Matt Harvey pre-game warmup...






Lincecum...


View from seat in left field...




Various views of the ballpark. I was by myself so I had no problem getting around the park. My wonderful wife was working at a semi-conductor convention downtown while I was enjoying the city. Not a way to score a lot of points with your better half. I couldn't have done it without you Sal..


Not actually dressed for summer in July...





Some dude who followed me everywhere I went...


The view from the cable car...



The cove...


Down the right field line...



Standing room left field view...


Kids park, slide inside Coke bottle, the glove up close, the Bay Bridge and the World Series trophies...






Seat for extra innings...



A must visit for you baseball enthusiasts. Hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment