Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

The story behind the Dylan album covers...


Gramercy Park Revisited: My Search for Bob Dylan Album Cover Locations in New York City

By Bob Egan

I've always been interested in seeing where famous events happened - where movies were filmed, where books were written, where famous photos were shot -- and there are dozens of these spots in Greenwich Village, one of the older neighborhood sections of Manhattan, whose small streets have been home to many writers, musicians, and painters, and also, where I used to live.

Being a longtime Dylan fan, I have long known where the cover of "The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan" was taken; it was on the north end of Jones Street, only a block from Cornelia Street, where I had my first apartment in Manhattan in 1977. (Ground floor $150 a month.). I even took my parents-in-law's picture there one snowy winter day, with them posing as Dylan and Suzie walking down the street...


Read the rest here:
http://www.popspotsnyc.com/highway61revisited/

No comments:

Post a Comment