Wednesday, January 5, 2011
"...and that something was war games. Several of them. Exercises that simulated planes being flown into buildings like the Pentagon and the World Trade Center. It happened on 9/11...."
War games: 9/11 exercises offer too many coincidences
...there had to be something going on that day that would provide a plausible excuse for the shocking failure of the military to protect New York City and Washington D.C.
And that something was war games. Several of them. Exercises that simulated planes being flown into buildings like the Pentagon and the World Trade Center. It happened on 9/11. Quite the coincidence, don’t you think?
Here are the main ones:
Amalgam Virgo (started in June 2001)
* This exercise considered the possibility of an airliner being flown into the Capitol Building and into Tindall Air Force Base
* It considered two hijacks happening at the same time
Vigilant Guardian (started Sept. 10, 2001)
* Staged by NORAD and the Joint Chiefs of Staff
* Simulated hijacked planes in the northeast U.S.
* False inputs were placed on the radar screens of military controllers at the Northeast Air Defense Sector (NEADS)
* Caused confusion about whether controllers were seeing real planes or false blips for the exercise
* Exercises (which included Vigilant Guardian) were usually held in October, but in 2001 were moved to early September. They went back to October the following year
* Run by NORAD, in co-operation with Barksdale AFB in Louisiana and Offut AFB in Nebraska.
* Involved sending six fighters and 70 people from Langley Air Force Base to Iceland.
* Moved fighters to bases in Canada and Alaska to monitor Russian exercises
* A live hijack drill that simulated planes going in and out of radar
* Co-ordinated by NORAD and the Joint Chiefs
National Reconnaissance Office drill
* Conducted by a team from the CIA in which planes are accidentally flown into NRO headquarters in Washington D.C.
* Emergency evacuation drill took people away from watching satellite feeds
* Drill began at 8:45 a.m., just as the first tower was being hit
* This was a bio-warfare exercise for lower Manhattan, conducted by the City of New York and the Department of Justice at Pier 29, was to start on Sept. 12.
And there was more. Three F-16 fighters from Andrews AFB (just 15 miles from the Pentagon) had been sent 180 miles away for a training exercise in North Carolina. And the FBI hostage unit and all their equipment (including helicopters) were involved in a two-day exercise in Monterrey, California on 9/11.
It has been reported by Michael Ruppert and others that the war exercises were co-ordinated through Dick Cheney, although some dispute this. What we do know is that George W. Bush placed Cheney in control of domestic counterterrorism operations in May 2001.