Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

We’ve been warned...

Endorse Your Enemy – And We’ll Let You Live.

Christopher Manion


Support Trump and get assaulted. Put a Trump bumper sticker on your car and get a smashed window. A Trump yard sign makes you a target for home invaders.

And it’s YOUR fault!

And Trump’s, of course. Because he’s Hitler, you know (long ago our national consciousness lost all sense of evil, and “Hitler” is now the Manichaean universal to designate people who make you feel bad).

Ever since, the world has been full of Hitlers – and they’ve all been assassinated. Saddam Hussein; Osama Bin Laden; Muammar Gaddafi.

R.I.P.

Next on the list? According to Hillary, Donald Trump. And Scott Adams, creator of Dilbert, is not amused.

He’s been remarkably adept as assessing the rhetorical devices employed in the campaign, and Hillary, he says, is so desperate that she’s turning a dangerous corner.

So for safety’s sake – his safety –he’s endorsing her.

“If Clinton successfully pairs Trump with Hitler in your mind – as she is doing – and loses anyway, about a quarter of the country will think it is morally justified to assassinate their own leader. I too would feel that way if an actual Hitler came to power in this country. I would join the resistance and try to take out the Hitler-like leader. You should do the same. No one wants an actual President Hitler.

“So I’ve decided to endorse Hillary Clinton for President, for my personal safety. Trump supporters don’t have any bad feelings about patriotic Americans such as myself, so I’ll be safe from that crowd. But Clinton supporters have convinced me – and here I am being 100% serious – that my safety is at risk if I am seen as supportive of Trump. So I’m taking the safe way out and endorsing Hillary Clinton for president.”

We’ve been warned.

Link:
https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment