Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

IRONY!


Jehovah’s Witnesses Mad That Atheists Won’t Keep Their Views to Themselves

You can now download the latest issue of Awake, the Jehovah’s Witness’s strange little magazine. The theme of this issue is those marching militant atheists, so it’s a little bit personal.
Unfortunately, I was only able to read as far as the second sentence before I was blinded by the irony.

A new group of atheists has arisen in society. Called the new atheists, they are not content to keep their views to themselves.

That’s right. The door-knockin’, rabidly proselytizing cult is rebuking atheists for not keeping their views to themselves.


Link:
http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/09/06/jehovahs-witnesses-mad-that-atheists-wont-keep-their-views-to-themselves/

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read the magazine yet, but....

    A new group of atheists has arisen in society. Called the new atheists, they are not content to keep their views to themselves.

    That,
    you say, is a rebuke? How is it one? Sounds like just good reporting to me, acknowledging a growing trend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am posting what someone else wrote. See the link. I just thought it was funny that a group that goes door to door proselytizing, is critical of another group that might be doing the same thing. That is why I called it IRONY. I couldn't care less about either group to tell you the truth.

    ReplyDelete